Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 9" Ford rearend

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 9" Ford rearend

Ya but it's an original in mint shape and a repro goes for about the same and doesn't fit properly. That is what I based that # on.
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
WHOA. I thought it was used? Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Davis Martin <martin-davis@...>
wrote:

> Looks like it's worth about 75 bucks. I will have to wait till I
am back to getting paychecks or sell a few gremlin grilles begfore I
can afford to get your shifter
> Davis
>
> jgray_55 <jgray_55@...> wrote:
> Davis. I ordered Moser axles for the 1957-59 9" that i
installed in
> my 72 Gremlin also. Didn't even try to use the stock VERY OLD
axles.
> You are correct..they WILL twist alot before breaking!! HEYYYY what
> did you ever decide on the battery tray?
> Joe In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com,
> Davis Martin <martin-davis@> wrote:
> >
> > Jim. Might I suggest when you upgrade to the 401 you get Moser
> axels. Stock 8 or 9" rear axels will twist 2 1/2 times before they
> break. When we sent in the axels from the74 Amc Team Gremlin they
> were twisted 2 times
> > I didn't even hesitate. I got the Mosers for my 72.
> > O ya I have a 9" out of a 67 fast back and it was 52.5 inches
> backing plate to backing plate(1/2" less then the stock grem axel)
> and 43" center to center on the spring perches.
> > I just had to move the brake line to the drivers side and
> shorten my driveshaft( had to anyway cause of the 727 tranny) and
get
> a adapter universal joint. I also used a matadore driveshaft as
they
> are larger and stronger.
> > Davis
> >
> > Jim Shadwick <idahoamx@> wrote:
> > I have a 65/66 Mustang 8 inch ( 57 1/4 ) under my
> Gremlin....has held up
> > fine behind a 360/727 combo with up to 290HP
> > to the rear wheels.....might not be enough behind a 4spd or trans
> > brake.....I am planning to put a 401 in front of it
> > so will see if it is up to that task. I am using a 8" wheel with
3
> 3/4
> > inch back space and a 10 inch wide tire... fits nicely
> > under the rear....The center section is about one inch shorter
than
> an
> > AMC20.....
> >
> > anyway Ford 8 & 9 inch info....
> >
> > http://www.enjenjo.com/9inch.html
> >
> > http://www.woodyg.com/fairlane/finfo/fordrears.html
> >
> > http://www.dfwmotorsport.com/Fairlane/9inchrearends.htm
> >
> > Jim

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair