[BaadAssGremlins] Book Review, AMC content : " Showdown at Daytona " by

[BaadAssGremlins] Book Review, AMC content : " Showdown at Daytona " by Hal Higdon circa 1976...

  Thought I'd do a review on this book I bought, it is
the story of the 1975 Daytona 500 race, and the men
and machines who ran it ( to spoil the mystery, Benny
Parsons won, and Bobby Allison in an ailing Matador
finished 2nd). The book is small, about 156 pages
long, but with alot of good inside info and unique
viewpoints.
  The story is told in a fairly simplistic and
descriptive way, with many driver interviews and
comments thrown in. Along the way, about 14 direct
pages are devoted to Bobby Allison , with some devoted
to the Penske / Matador team effort to recruit him as
driver. Gives some good insight into the Matador team
setup. There's only one side picture of a Matador, and
there are two with the Matador racing, start of the
race pic with the Matador in the 2nd row, and another
with the Matador leading under caution.
  Overall, I rate this book good to enjoyable, it's
written for ages 10-up (it was in a school library
formerly), and with the AMC content, well worth a
read.
 The book ID inside is pre-ISBN?, lists as follows :

SBN : TR-399-20507-1
SBN : GB-399-60998-9

Maybe the I stood for International? Anyway, Published
by G.P. Putnam's Sons,New York. Rated as juvenile
literature.
  So, there ya have it, just thought I'd pass this on
to you AMC lovers.

Jerry Casper

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM