Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hedmann header set install tips?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hedmann header set install tips?

125.00 including shipping.
 Davis

Tim Kottman <timkott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Davis i've been looking for a ministarter. how much?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Davis Martin <martin-davis@...> wrote:

> I have done this install about 15 times and I never had to raise the engine.
> BTW anyone wanna buy a mini starter? a set of headmans?
> Davis
>
> TOM HARTNELL <tmhartnell@...> wrote:
> you have to have the motor up to install the starter and headers.starter first then
headers.

> Dennis jr Sinks <dsinks@...> wrote: I'll pick up a mini starter. Can the headers be
installed with the enigne bolted to the x member or do I need to raise it up?

writes:
> I have the El cheapo headmanns from summit racing.
> Is there a procedure I want to follow to get these things installed? Do
> I need a Mini starter?
>
> I thought I heard on frans old form that they have to get dinged to fit
> small body correctly. Not that I care but I would rather not trash
> them.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> And thanks ahead of time.
>
> Dennis
>

> YOu have to ding em if their 1" 7/8's but if their just 1" and 5/8's they'll fit.Thats what
I have and I had the Ford crapola starter/but I'd get a mini high torque one anyway as the
headers right next to the starter and it gets hot and you get the dreaded
ErrrrrrrrErrrrrrrErrrr sound after havein the car running after a while.
> Bart

> Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Yahoo! Answers. Try it now.

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair