RE: [BaadAssGremlins] ChuCHING for John Rosas old 360 Hornet

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] ChuCHING for John Rosas old 360 Hornet

Bart,

I’m not offended by the suggestion it’s priced too high. Not at all.

But my sale of the car in ’05 proves your estimate incorrect, as I sold it for $7500 in the first few hours it

was listed. So a $5000 estimate is already off by 33%, and the car is only going to appreciate in line with the

rest of the hobby, so I think a $10k sale is very possible right now (tho I’d say the current ad isn’t ‘pro’ enough

for most high-end buyers. A more flashy listing would likely grab the $10k easily). I do agree $16k is dreaming,

but still not out of the realm of a BIG ‘maybe’. Maybe Joe gets lucky and someone out there decides they ‘must

have it’ and clicks that ‘Buy It Now’ button. That doesn’t mean they’re crazy. It means they value it more

than you do, and they have it to spend. ‘What it is worth’ is always totally subjective. I bought it for $2000

a year before I sold it. Was it ‘only worth $2000’? To the seller, yes. To me, it was worth that, the cost of

shipping it 2000 miles, the investment in extra wheels and the Polyglas tires and more tweaks and fixes…

and then some. Joe Roberts decided it was worth $7500 plus the cost of getting it home, storing it and so

on. The next guy might not blink at $12k. If I had that lying around, and the means to store and care for it

as well as my other toys, I’d gladly buy it back. Could I find an SC/360 in the price range and in that

condition. Maybe. Would I prefer it? Nope. I like the hatchback’s look better. I like the hatchback utility, too.

And I like that it’s less commonly known and far less likely to be seen in multiples at a show. Even the

SC/360 can’t deliver that to me anymore. I came to AMC to be uncommon. I like being uncommon among

AMCs seen more. Give me the odd, weird and underpraised everytime. And park me as far from the two-

seaters as possible. ‘The road less traveled’? Heck, I’ll take the abandoned path.

Your mileage may vary.

John W Rosa

www.JavelinAMX.com