[BaadAssGremlins] rebel convertible "Machine" in music video

[BaadAssGremlins] rebel convertible "Machine" in music video

A few years ago, I had the sheer pleasure of meeting the Killer's
sister...that's right, Jerry Lee Lewis's sister Linda Gail Lewis who is
talented musician in her own right going well back decades. A friend of
mine, Chuck Singleton, who works for Houston Studios here said "they need a
neat musclecar for a video shoot" and he was used to seeing my AMXs,
Javelins, SC/360s and other stuff parked out front of the Scoreboard Sports
Bar on Interstate 10. But the Rebel convertible "Machine" caught his eye
however. He asked if he could use it and I have known Chuck since 1980s and
quickly obliged!

I had never heard of Linda Gail Lewis but knew all about Jerry Lee Lewis as
I play piano and also played keybords in a band. And he rocks. Anyways,
Paige and me drove downtown and dropped off the Rebel, of which Chuck said
would be perfect for the shoot.  Paige & me hung around watching several
takes. Really exciting if you have ever sat in on something like that. Linda
Gail was promoting her new record 'Into The Shadows' of which this
particular song would be one of the first "cuts" from that record; the song
is "I'd Rather Stay Home & Rock & Roll!" where she bangs on the piano!

Paige & me got a ride home as the Rebel would be there for three days
filming. I don't know why it never occured to me then to not take a camera
with me. Linda loved the car as did the producers all of which got a
extended long winded history on AMC......I was promised a video but I could
not get it until the video was released, it was my understanding it would
first be released in Britian where she is wildly popular, then the US. I
never got a video and well, darn it, never got a signed autograph either of
her standing next to the Rebel!

I never made that mistake again of not being with camera, and a year later
my 78 Pacer custom woodie wagon would be featured in yet another filming,
this time for a national insurance firm. We filmed that in Katy, Texas about
10 miles west of me. I hope to put that full commercial in English and
Spanish on www.youtube.com soon for all to enjoy. It was filmed in both
English and Spanish as it appeared on Telemundo and Univision along with
major english networks like CBS. I have photos from that shoot, and also
photos of my 74 Continental Airlines Gremlin which was sold to Steven
Spielberg's DreamWorks for the movie "The Haunting"; that is Liam Neeson and
Lili Taylor in my Gremlin in the movie, the car ended up in England. Both
the Pacer custom wagon and the Gremlin appear on my website however under
the JUST STUFF file, so have photos of that.....just never got to see the
Rebel....
until now!

This is the direct link to view the Linda Gail Lewis video, it is about 4
minutes and really catchy tune so crank it up:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1703248482

If you can't access the link above, simply go to www.myspace.com

then search for "Linda Gail Lewis" and click on the video to watch!The Rebel
still looks great in 2007
by the way and is still driven daily in Houston,Texas and now sports 127,000
miles
on that formidable 401.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX