[BaadAssGremlins] stall convertor VS rear ratio question...

[BaadAssGremlins] stall convertor VS rear ratio question...

I have a 2,800 stall convertor for my built-998 trans /401(INDY
heads..etc) setup that's going in my 72 Gremlin.I've been calculating
rpm @ 55 mph. Dumb question... should you have the rear ratio so that
the convertor is locked at highway speed?? I have a HUGE remote mounted
trans cooler with a electric fan on it. With my tire size a 4.11 (have
already)will run the rpm slightly higher @55mph than it locks at..BUT i
also have a fresh 3.70 i can use. With the 3.70 ratio i won't quite be
locked up @55mph. Just wish there was a formula for dummies like me!!
I've always had 4 speeds before!! Thanks to anyone with helpful info.
Joe

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: