Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 401 transmission

Vette tailshaft!!!????   Gosh dang it!  When was this known?
Can I use my short tail with the vette housing????

:(

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim that really depends on what you like better. The linkage will work for a 4 spd. But you already have the t-400. You only need to find the tail shaft and housing from a corvette and you can have th espeedo working and have it set up for 2 wd. A 4 spd is a lot of fun too though.
 Happy New year
 Davis
 P.S. I am still working on gettin your hood shipped, The owner is still sick.

Tim Kottman <timkott@yahoo.com> wrote:
I originally had a 232 3spd gremlin. But have gotten everything switched over for a v8 except
for the transmission. I have a moderatly altered the 401 but am having trouble figuring out
what to do about a transmission. the truck i got the 401 out of had a t400 tranny. But my
car was originally manual transmission.

Whats the better bet find a 4spd out of a car or build the t400 to 2wd?
Will the 4spd (t10?) use the same clutch linkage as the 3spd?

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair