Re: [BaadAssGremlins] one more worth noting

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] one more worth noting

Terry,
 your not getting it. The original owner Mr Grissom had the color changed from blue to red back on the first day he got it.
 Davis

twa1950@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I was just thinking if it was his Vette and it was blue when he owned it wouldn't it be worth even more if it was blue. I was thinking of one of Elvis pink Caddies. I mean I think pink is ugly as hell on a car but it just wouldn't be the same if I painted one blue. It doesn't matter I couldn't afford a hubcap off of either one of them
Terry

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com> wrote:
Back in the day this was not uncommon to change the color. There were some butt ass ugly colors AMC offered and could nto move them off the lots until the dealership painted them. With a Corvette, this was a gift and if I remember correctly, his favorite color was red. So sort of a no brainer I guess for it to be changed from blue to red. Including interior. Just a personal taste whether someone puts a crossram on a car, or flair kit or changes engines or installs spoilers, mags, tosses the breathers and so forth.

I wished I had a dollar for every AMC breather I threw away, ever door panel I cut up to put in speakers, every AMC logoed AM/FM radio I tossed, every dash I drilled into for aftermarket gauges. But no, didn't like the stuff in the 70s/80s and it was not uncommon to 'change' things. Still do (I do) as well past my concourse years and whatnot, now more like Monster Garage on Jagermeister.

Going back to the Vette belonging to Gus Grissom, the bottom line is it is a 'celebrity car' and has that pedigree to add to it, probably a paper trail a mile long. Sadly it is a tragic story. However, usually celebrity cars, no matter what it is....fetches a lot more than your average bear. How many of you remember the Conway Twitty AMC Pacer that sold for $27,000? $27K for a Pacer.......
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com
www.planethoustonamx.com
Email is currently HEAVY
5-12 day reply times, call if importan! t