Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cam Question: Beefin up a 304

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cam Question: Beefin up a 304

In a message dated 11/1/2006 7:12:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Plumpy72@xxxxxxx writes:
When you added the Edelbrock intake, did you do any porting or polishing? You don't have to go real crazy. Just matching the ports between the intake and the heads then polishing the ports maybe an inch or so will help the engine breathe. If you replace the cam, it's something you may want to consider.
Thanks Rick. I did not do any porting or polishing 'cause I knew nothing of such things when I started this. I'm a social worker and no mechanic to be sure. While I enjoy learning and I've learned a lot from group members like yourself, I don't relish the idea of "practicing" on my Gremlin (LOL). Maybe I'll talk to the guy who installed the gears in my car about installing the cam and porting and polishing. He seems knowledgeable and did a great job on he gears. He has a  reputation as a "fuss pot", which is fine with me!

Charlie "Cool Factor X"