Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cam Question

Bigger valve heads such as 360 or 401 heads will not fit the 304. The valves will hit the cylinder bores.
 Davis

Plumpy72@xxxxxxx wrote:
Charlie,

It's good to hear about original owners of Gremlins and I can understand your desire to keep it "stock". However, there's only so much bolt on modifications you can do.

When you added the Edelbrock intake, did you do any porting or polishing? You don't have to go real crazy. Just matching the ports between the intake and the heads then polishing the ports maybe an inch or so will help the engine breathe. If you replace the cam, it's something you may want to consider.

I'm no expert when it comes to swapping heads, but does anyone know if 360 or 401 heads will fit the 304? The bigger valves will make a big difference, too.

When you do decide for a cam change, get one that matches the rpm range of the intake. Don't go too radical though.  Keep it simple and do your home work. Buying a cam today is a lot different that buying a cam in the 70's.

Good luck.........

Rick

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car