Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 401 street motor final dyno results!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 401 street motor final dyno results!

Lu,
 Yes on Sonoco Ultra 93
Davis

lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nice. On 93 octane gasoline?
--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, "Davis" <martin-davis@...>
wrote:

> WELL yesterday was lots of work I had my 22Month old son with me
and
> he wanted to help all day! He was happy reading car carft and
hotrod
> and playing with his toy gremlins 8-)
>
> Ok so some results.
> I didn't have time to do all the testing I wanted but this is what
> we did test.
> started out with the shop 800 cfm holley, 1" tapered spacer, indy
> intake, hooker 17/8 supercomps. Timming was set at 34 deg total 520
> HP @ 6000 and 488.8 ftlbs tq @ 5100
>
> Swapped on the demon 850 and the jets were way fat. Did some mini
> pulls to dial in the carb. Bumped the timming to 37 deg total and
> jets were P87 S97 made a full pull
> 523 HP @ 6200 484 FT TQ @ 5200
>
> Made another full pull to 6500 rpms dropped the timming to 36 deg
> this time 527HP @6500 486.3 Ftlbs TQ @ 4800
>
> dropped the jets to P85 S96 529HP @ 6300 486.8 Ftlbs TQ @ 5200
> Gettin close to 530 Dave!!!
>
> SO that was the best we got with the Indy intake that was only
> gasket matched.
>
> Now for the HLR intake that was port matched to the heads.
>
> Herman Lewis intake with no carb spacer( intake is huge) all else
> same
> top HP was [size=20]532[/size] @ 6500 being over 530 from 6200 TQ
> was 488.8 @4800 RPMs NOW I AM REALLY STOKED! ;D
>
> Next pull we tried a 4 hole 1" spacer and it lost a slight bit of
> TQ and HP was 532 @ 6400 so spacer was taken off.
> It was now about 3pm and time for the last pull. Swapped on my
> coated hooker 13/4 supercomps and broke in the coating.
>
> Gained TQ right where I needed it. 500 Ftlbs TQ @ 4800 RPMS :o
and
> lost verry little HP on top 529 @ 6400 and 6500 RPMs ;D
> So the over all best combo was the 13/4 hookers and the HLR
intake.

> It was a long time building with countless hours custom fitting
> the "bolt on" parts But Boy was it wort it! Can't wait to make a
> pass and find out how bad my suspension really sucks LOL
>
> Hope this helps anyone looking to build a killer street motor.
> Davis Martin
> Amc Team
> O ya here is a pic
> http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/Gremlinxguy/100_0508.jpg

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car