[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Back in the amc way

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "djdaveinpa" <djdave@...> wrote:

> Came home from work today, and saw 2 packages on the porch, one was my
> new spring compressor, and the other was my new spring perch bushings.
> After dinner, ducked into the garage and went to town. The spring
> compressor worked flawless, but there has to be a faster way to get
> the thing compressed! Man, that was alotta turns with the adjustable.
> A huge gear wrench would be a plus. Anyone seen a gear wrench that
> big? gotta be about 1 inch nut.
> Next question, the spring perch has 2 bolts that pass through the axle
> type rod, Im guessing these are pressed in? (the bolts) A twist with a
> wrench didnt do much.

To answer my own question, yes, they are pressed in.
Stopped at dads and sand blasted one of the spring perches. Worked
nice, but took a long time. Air compressor couldnt keep up. If his
couldnt keep up, my compressor would be useless. Think I will be
making many trips to dads. I also discovered that a sandblaster doesnt
work well on parts that were undercoated. I'm going to soak all of the
front end parts in diesel fuel, that should take care of it.

My front end kit came in today from Kanter. Ball joints, tie rod ends,
and bushings, oh my.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: