[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC parts

Speaking of parts. You would'nt happen to have an extra RWB AMC emblem would ya?

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Who wrote this:
"> I notice that alot.... AMCers complaining about the prices things
are bringing.... and I have one thing to say. get used to it. Who
knows... down the road you might wish you bought it for 263 dollars.
I have delt in antiques and amc parts ... Made lots of $$$ on
antiques and collectables and kept amc parts. I remember people
telling me I was crazy buying my NOS grill for an early gremlin X for
300 bucks. whos laughing now?"

Was that Nate? The reason why I ask is you can see something I wrote in 1988
on my website right ater Chrysler took over AMC, warning people there is no
bottomless pit of parts out there. Part of it was written in anger as I had
just lost a big deal to buy out a inventory here, about a 18 wheeler full of
stuff, that ended up going to the landfill. And that happened not only to
me, but many other people all over US as Chrysler took the write off as
opposed to a offer. I watched as a 71-74 AMX grill bucket sold on ebay this
year for $1700. Big deal. Try finding same for under $3000 in 5-7 years.
Right now however sheetmetal is the biggest problem AMCers face though!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com