Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Delco Replacement For A Motorola

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Delco Replacement For A Motorola

thanks Eddie!
Charlie

In a message dated 9/24/2006 2:21:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There is also a file under PRODUCTION/TECH on my website on how to do this,
really easy and I highly recommend going with the Delco units. Some, like my
68 convertible Rebel Machine, has has a Delco on it since 1987 and zero
problems. And this car has the BIGGEST electrical grid wiring harness of ANY
AMC vehicle I have ever seen. You name it, it has it: electrical windows,
electrical top, electrical cruise control, am/fm, electric wipers, 8/track
player, maybe even electric tissue dispenser and compass, but never have
seen in any AMC a wiring harness this big. So it needed a big altenator,
something beside puny girlie man Motorola (two offered in 68 if I recall,
55amp and 70amp, this had 70amp) and I went with 100amp Delco like this:
http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/ba/99/dd_1_b.JPG
you can find them all over fee-bay if do a search for '100 amp delco' for
instance. Or as Doc said, contact Kennedy American or other fine AMC Vendor
on my VENDORS list:

Charlie "Cool Factor X"