[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Front wheel question?????

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Front wheel question?????

I had this problem on my first gremlin, 21 years ago. The answer for
me was to get the drums that got bent out-of-round cut, and use lead
spacers, at least I think they were lead. Got them at a local parts
store. I had crager SS rims at the time, and they sat unevenly on the
drum. Dont remove a weight, its there for a purpose.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hemmigremmie"
<hemmigremmie@...> wrote:

> Hey Bartaroo.
> I would love disc, but Im strapped right now. How did you get your
> aftermarket rims to set flush? I was told to grind off the
> counterweight. I know someone else had to run into this, but I cant
> find the solution. Help... Rod
> P.S. I posted a few motor pics.
>

> BaadAssGremlins@xxxx, Baad73Grem@xxxx wrote:
> > In a message dated 8/9/02 10:25:35 AM SA Pacific Standard Time,
> > hemmigremmie@xxxx writes:
> >

> > > Hey All.
> > > I recently made a short run in my newly tubbed out Gremlin. All
> was
> > > well, but the front tires. The front hubs on my Gremlin arent
> flat
> > > like most hubs and when I put my rims n tires on, it makes em
> wabble
> > > a little. The hubs are recessed like a pond in em and even has
> what
> > > looks like a counterweight on one the edge and my aftermarket
> rims
> > > arent lying flat. Did anyone else have this problem? Can I swap a
> hub
> > > from another car onto mine? Rod
> > >

> > Heey Rob where ya been??Do you have front drums?if so ou should
> consider a
> > front disk swap and if you spent all that money back halving your
> grem and
> > your going to drop in a 354 Hemi,you should conisder some race
> front brakes
> > i. Wilwood.you have any fresh pics by all means post em on here
> dude and
> > don't be a stranger.
> > Bart Mangrum
> > Modetrator/psycho/numbnuts