Re: [BaadAssGremlins] motor swap

In a message dated 9/19/2006 10:01:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kwikbiker@xxxxxxxxx writes:
OK guys I guess I'm ready to swap to a V8. I now have a 232 in the car
with automatic. What size V8 can I put in this Gremmie that will bolt
up to my trans and not be too big of a hassle? Paul in Detroit, the
home of muscle cars!!!
First thing you'll need is a factory V8 crossmember with the motor plates.those can be found in Gremlins from 72-76 Hornets from 70-77 Concords from 78-79 Spirits from 79 only and Rambler Americans,Rogues and SC/Ramblers form 66-69.the V8 rears from a 68-70 AMX and Javelin are direct bolt ins.and the ford 9 inch and Mopar 8 3/4 rears can be used with minimal fabricating as well.if your Gremlin is a 72 on up with a 904 Auto,you can have it beefed up to accept a V8's torque and H.P and as for V8's the best engines to use are the 72-91 AMC V8s as they used either the Mopar 727's 904's 998's and also GM T400's the best heads to use are the 1970 and early 71 '319 casting' 360,390 and 401 heads.they are hi comp 51 cc designs.I take it the route you want is a streetable cruiser route so if i were you i'd look for either a good running 360 or a rebuildable one and stay right at 9 to 1 comp.
Bart

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car