Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Congratulations Eddie!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Congratulations Eddie!

I'll have to go buy it, someone else mentioned that, so it is appreciated.
Doug, the editor has a number of parts on the Project CC/Rambler out there I
sent him also. Charged him for stuff, ain't getting sheet free you know, but
ok, I did donate a few odds and ends for the cause. Somewhere in my vast
array of BS files here is a interesting conversation email with him and me
going back and forth on the direction that Rambler should take.

He wanted it to be all out, UR-18 tunnel ram, aluminum this and that.

I told him to "build it for common man" that is the common man don't want
eye candy crap like UR-18. A common AMC wants power, and this would be a
excellent opportunity to 'lean' on many of Car Craft's advertisers like
Edelbrock, to obtain aluminum AMC items for use in the Rambler. Build a 360
it is the easiet to find (they did). Drop some of the great new aftermarket
stuff on it like Air Gap, maybe Indy heads. In other words, experiment on
it, give results, letting people know how to do it. It would easily become a
sort of 'AMC Bible' like BJ's book has, people buy it to learn, then do.
Results may vary, but it is ALL GOOD in the end result for AMC and Jeep
fans!

I'm not sure he took all my advise, and I tried to keep cussing down, just
like the meeting I had with board of appraisers I went before the other day
for tax purposes. It was like going before Guardians of Oa. However, got
$17K lobbed off, so sort of a win.......

Good to see Car Craft sticking with some AMC coverage though. A link to
their blog and poll is on front page of my site now for over a year.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx