Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Zinc Phosphate additive for flat tappet cams

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Zinc Phosphate additive for flat tappet cams

Joe,
 That article was in Hot Rod Mag.  The EOS is to be added during engine break in.
 The oil you need to run is Valvoline's "Not street legal" oil. It is available thru NAPA and about 3.50 a QT. The Best oil is Joe Gibbs racing oil but 9.00 a QT. The article reccommended Rotella made by Shell but my engine machinist said it foams up too much at hi RPM engines.
 Hope this helps
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some where recently i read a small article in a magazine/or the AMC
list??Maybe here?.....about the "EOS" oil additive that GM sells. Part
## 1052367. It comes in a 16 oz bottle. GM USED to sell it as a oil
additive,NOW calls it assembly lube. The parts man told me that one. I
remember it saying to add one pint when changing oil. Don't remember
WHERE i read about it?? I have read before that newer oil formulations
do NOT have nearly enough zinc phosphate in it to properly protect/lube
flat tappet cam lobes. From what i've read...this is the leading cause
of flat tappet camshaft lobe failures!!! Newer engines are roller
tappet/lifter. Thus not needing the zinc phosphate. ALSO supposedly the
zinc phosphate adds to pollution. Did anyone else see the small
article? I wrote the #### down while reading it...just don't remember
WHERE i saw it.I know that MC at Bulltear sells an oil that he has
blended to his specs with alot more zinc phosphate in it. Has anyone
used his oil, OR the GM additive???? Email me directly or call me 309-
338-3210. Thanks alot,Joe

Automotive advertising Automotive lifts Automotive dealer new car