[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 904 torque converter

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 904 torque converter

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kingbrian24" <kingbrian24@...>
wrote:

> so i got a 232 with the a904 and i got issues.  it started when i put
> new flex plate and starter in (stripped teeth).  about 2 weeks later
> the flange on my converter cracked.  so i replaced the converter
> assuming that was the issue.  nope another week later did it again.
> this time i figured warped flex plate, replace it along with the
> converter, this time opted for the heavy duty flex plate. another
week
> later converter again. so now a couple years later i got a new
> converter (high stall) and replaced the front pump bushing... i
havent
> put it back together yet because i dont want it to break again... i
> love this car it was my first. the attention it gets is awesome but i
> have a corvette drivetrain on standby.  im sick of it.
>i forgot to mention that its a 73 gremlin and i need some help ive
rebuilt the entire front end and got the 232 running as quiet as a
sewing machine but the tranny has to go i would love a five speed
butmoneys an issue so any advice would be great