From: CJ
To: BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: mercury hidden headlamps

So instead of cushing the newer vehicles the scap the good ones people like me can't find parts for. New car parts are a dime a dozen. Final score New Cars 1 Classics 0.

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com> wrote:
Real simple, and this story is somewherre on my site, possbly under 'altered amcs' or 'rambler mentality' maybe somewhere else. The place was Houston Auto Storage on Carson road. A big development came in south of them about a mile, put up all these McMansions. Later they decided they wanted to expand. So they got more land north and got closer to the junkyard. Suddenly these newcomers were saying 'ewww, what is that doing in outr neighborhood?' and laws were changed even though Houston is the largest city in the US with *NO* zoning laws. So the property that the salvage yard was on, suddenly became worth more than all the cars on it. It didn't matter, convertible Camaro pace cars; GTO's you name it, it was in there, some stacked 4-5 high. When the county ordered them to crush it, they balked. Then the fines of $10,000 a day (if I recall) in violation started coming and last I heard it was on appeal, and fines were over $400,000. No rare car there worth that much, chances are all the parts well over $2 million however. Don't matter now.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com