Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cool Factor X

I just seen a 65 Sport Fury Convertible in our fair parade. It had a glass pack on it and sounded sweet. Do still got your Polara?

eddie walker <moparedwalker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I grew up in Detroit and my father worked on the Hemi under glass Barracuda in the mid 60's.He had a 64 Corvair at the time and the motor blew. Money was tight and he had no money to fix it the right way but he did have a 383 motor and 4 spd from a 65 Sport Fury that my mom had totaled, so he spent the next week fabricating floor braces and relocated the 383 into the front of the car with a 4 spd. I couldnt tell  it had been tampered with. He worked at 11 Mile Collision at the time and could weld and fabricate anything..It didnt corner worth a darn but I still remember the looks on people's faces when they saw taillights on the Corvair. He kept the stock motor in the back and when they would open the rearend and look at the motor, they just couldnt' believe that little thing would smoke them. He never told anyone till years later and no one ever thought to open up the trunk. I wish I had kept that car. He offered it to me but it was rusty and needed work so I took a  pristine 69 Dodge Polara instead....eddie walker

CJ <redneck2212@yahoo.com> wrote:
A corvair with a 440? This I gotta see.