Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cool Factor X

Ya buuddy this weekends gonna be cool.. At the Telegraph cruise I had one guy run to the curb and ask if mine was the last Gremlin.  I't only Tuesday and people are allready setting up on Woodward Ave. They expect up to 2  million people there on Saturday, the official cruise day. People are here from all over the country and some had their cars shipped from as far as Australia. I'm startin to cruise tomorrow eve. after work before the crowds get too big. I went to measure a job Sat. near the cruise and the home owner looked out and screamed cheese and rice honey this guys drivin a Gremlin.  This is like the 14th year for the cruise, Jay Leno's here, and they are unvailing the new muscle car from Dodge at the cruise. Sorry I guess I'm pretty excited as this is my first year with the Gremmie, and I've finally got it to a point where I can trust it  Yahoo    Paul in Detroit

twa1950@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I agree the car people are giving us a lot more respect. That is why I love riding by the Street Rod Nationals when they are here. I mean all these $50,000 plus cars and my way less than perfect $1,000 Gremlin gets cheers and claps. You know after going to shows for 10 years I am like you guys. A 65 Mustang is a 65 Mustang, a Chevelle is a Chevelle and a street rod is a street rod. I have seen so many none of them do much for me anymore. The people that I think appreciate them more at the shows than the car owners are the spectators that just stop by off the street. I know I went to a couple of shows Saturday night. I was at the first one and after I looked at the same cars I have seen a hundred times before I was thinking why do I keep coming to these things. Then I walked back to my car and a woman said you sure brought back a lot of memories with your Gremlin. We got to talking and I told her it was my mothers and she said I bet she is looking down on you proud as can be that you are making so many people happy with her car. Then I went to the second one had a 10 year old boy come up to me and told me he had never seen a Gremlin before. It sure was a nice car. Then another lady told her 12 year old daughter to take a good look at the car you might never see one again. Then another lady was telling her 25 year old son he was brought home from the hospital in a tan one. I am a history buff and having a piece of history makes me feel good. If I had a Mustang or one of the other cars that everyone else has I would have quit going long ago.
Terry

GrublinX@aol.com wrote:
I hear ya, Paul. It is absolutely amazing. I go to the shows and walk right past the vettes, 'stangs and mopars - seen one, seen them all. If you have the only Gremlin in a sea of big 3 cars, you're bound to get attention!
Charlie