Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Me Gremlin Progress

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Me Gremlin Progress

No one in my area has a computer match setup. They just tell ya to look at paint chips till you can't see color anymore!. I need to match the gold from Phoenix so I can do the tail of my gremlin.
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The paint was matched at a local auto paint store that the school
has a contract with and receives a discount through. The topaz blue
metallic (PPG #191003, which is used on BMW's) was the closest match
to the Pheonix Graphic stripe. I decided to go with an enamel body
color instead of the BCCC. The interior blue (PPG #15120) was used
in GM cars in the 70's & 80's. Matching the carpeting, seat
upholstery, and original panels was more difficult than I thought it
would be; I have repainted several interior panels before finding a
compatible match! ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@...> wrote:

> Lu,
> that's awsome! Where did you get it, and what kind of paint was
used to match the Phoenix Graphics stripe?
> Davis
>

> lumina333 <lumina333@...> wrote:
> My car is coming along well. The kids at the trade
school are having a
> blast with it, but are rather slow learners. I think it will
finally
> be going into the paint booth this week. I placed an order for 3
> colors for the car with the instructor last week. Stone white
(Jeep
> color) for the body; a wedgewood blue for the interior (gave them
> page from the AMC interior colors "used on" list from a color
chart
> that I found on autocolorlibrary.com), and a blue metallic color
that
> was computer matched to the Phoenix Graphics hockey stick stripe -
> this color will go on the inside of the indented area surrounding
the
> taillights & gas cap area. I also dropped by the upholstery shop
and
> dropped off a couple of extra yards of blue carpet that I matched
> the interior paint from samples supplied to my by 1AAAuto.com for
use
> on the back of the back seat and hatch area. He had one part of
the
> back seat done and it looks fantastic! I can't wait until it all
comes
> together! ~Lu~

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS