Re: [BaadAssGremlins] re: vacuum lines (was crap for swapping V8)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] re: vacuum lines (was crap for swapping V8)

Ok, i'll snag a bag of those.  My 76 Gremlin has a coffee can on my fender well. I think it's a vacuum pump. There is a line from it to my carb. It's not a real coffee can but, that's what it looks like.

twa1950@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Wait a second Eddie isn't telling you to plug up your vacum holes in your carb with JB. That $4.00 bag of plastic caps will be fine for that. What Eddie had on his was an air pump that pump fresh air into the exhaust manifold. He took the air pump off and plug the holes going into the exhust manifold with JB. I might be wrong but I don't think yours has an air pump on it.
Terry

CJ <redneck2212@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, I'll snag a tube of JB and plug all my holes. It's a brand new carb, so maybe that'll do it. There is also a vac line to the tranny too, but i'll leave that one be.

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had no problems with the timing when disconnecting any of them. One thing I did do and should mention is I adjusted the air/fuel mixture on the carb and the idel screw, but just to make up for it not having all the bullshit life support connected to it.

My 82 Eagle wagon has a 258 and 210,000 miles on it, I bought it at 81,000. I left the crap emissions on it for two years, then in a fit, tore all that crap out, as the car ran like crap no matter what I tried and simply just got tired of screwing with it. The pile of hoses and wires, smog pump, tubs and crap from under the engine was staggering and I took a photo of it. Abot 2 feet high and maybe three feet circumfrence. Just absolutely amazing.

I disconnect the electrical shit on back of carb, readjusted it, reset the timing (not on Hornet but on this Eagle) and plugged all holes, some like the emission tubes that come out of exhaust manifold I broke the main one in back and poured two tubes of JB Weld in it, which sealed it and remains today almost ten years later like a bad Jurassic Park movie.

The car not only had more power and get up, but also seemed to have tons more towing capacity as it is my Planet Houston Swap Meet Tow Car and hauls not only parts but also whole cars.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx