Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Speedo Cable

Yes Lu it is supposed to slide in and out of the Sheath
 Were you able to push it back in ?
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The dash is out of the car and I saw that the end of the cable was
sticking out of the dashboard end. I pushed it back through the
sheath. Is it supposed to move like that? ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin davis@...> wrote:

> Lu,
> Your gonna have to take the cable off the spedo and see if you
can work it loose again. If not time for a new cable.
> Davis
> lumina333 wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the advice on how to test the cable's function. Any
hints
> on how to get the cable back out of the housing so that I can test
> the function? Can I just push it out from the front to the back?
The
> housing is stiff and I don't think it will gather up on the cable
> enough for me to thread it out.
>
> ymmv?
>
> ~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mike" wrote:
> >
> > Lu,
> > Sounds like your cable was in a bind...it may still be okay...I
> say chuck it up in a drill and have some one watch the speedo if
it
> works you may be all right , the parts store I used to work at
sold
> replacement inserts you may be able to use if your housing is okay.
> > ymmv
> > mike

You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM