Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Infamous Grill Is Finally Installed!!!!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The Infamous Grill Is Finally Installed!!!!!

Good going Doc. If I ever meet you and see your car remind me to stay 3 feet away form that grill. You got a $3000 grill in that car. Just kidding Doc. I hope to be just like you when I retire and have a decent AMC as a daily driver.
Terry

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Nice weather allowed me to have some work done on my car and me to
install the resto's grill. I had grease oil and all filters and normal
maintaince done on th car today. The missing screw on the auxiliary
elect. cooling fan bracket was installed allowing me to install the
grill. The 2 quart finned aluminum tranny oil pan is now in and it
clears the hump in my driveway and the speed bump in the nursing home my
mother is in. On the grill installation I would not let anyone do it but
me with about 140 hours into the resto and paint on it and the headlight
doors. Extra care was needed in areas where the mounts were cracked or
broken that I repaired. Everything was just snugged up. I will put the
car in direct sunlight exposing the grill for 3-4 hours tomorrow to
soften the plastic up a little and then tighten all the screws and bolts
up tight and let it cool. You have to finesse 30+ year old plastic so
it will not be stressed and crack again. I also added reinforcement
pieces of plexiglass where the factory should have added them behind the
grill. The thermostat for the fan still needs to be installed and the 3
way switch and the polished coolant recovery can next week. Over the
weekend I will continue to strip the 77 AMX flairs for paint. BUT THE
GRILL IS FINALLY INSTALLED!!!!!!!!
"Doc"