Re: [BaadAssGremlins] best oil filter for a 390?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] best oil filter for a 390?

Personal experience on the Fram filter... I have never had a problem with
them. But I dont run a high volume/high pressure oil pump. I would amagine
that with a high volume/pressure pump you may crush one of em'. Suck em dry
and just about any filter will crush, with a high pressure pump. Baffles in
the oil pan will help solve some of the problems associated with crushing
oil filters, so will a crank scraper to clean off excessive oil from the
crank and keep the oil in the pan where it belongs. When you launch off the
liine you may pull up to 3 or 4 positive G's and all the oil goes to the
back of the pan. If that where your pick up is you are pretty much safe. But
if its in the front of the pan you will suck a filter dry. Just the opposite
will happen when you hit the skids at the end of the run. Never had any
problem with a Fram oil filter. They always get changed at 3000 miles
anyway. Thats one of the reasons my daily driver has 295,000 + miles on it
and still runs good. Still get 32 in town and 38 on the highway.

Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
As always....Keep on a Ramblin'!!
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)