[BaadAssGremlins] Great day at the Gaithersburg, MD AMC National AMCRC s

[BaadAssGremlins] Great day at the Gaithersburg, MD AMC National AMCRC show...

  My club sponsored the show, had a pretty fair
turnout, about 47 cars on the showfield, considering
the weather we all just escaped on the East Coast this
past week ( rain, rain, RAIN! ). Had some awesome
rides show up, some interesting muscle like a NASCAR
matador coupe, black drag Gremlin, BBG Javelin, in
addition to alot of stock Ramblers. One SWEET AMC was
a '72 Gremlin, with JUST 13k miles on it! Guy has had
it since new, autocrossed it years ago, and just
brought it out for this show after 15-20 years of
storage! Paint was dark green, V-8 car, absolutely
beautiful. He even had a folder of alot of AMC stuff
he'd saved over the years, including a Randall 401-XR
ad from some oil or tire book. Nice! I talked with him
awhile, he's got a '70 Javelin roof spoiler he wants
to part with <BIG grin! yeah, I'm working on it...>.
Nice guy, hope to see him again, told him to come
visit Gremlinland in Woodbridge, as he only works 4
miles from me, and lives 20 miles south. Never met him
before, he's known about our local club for years, but
just kept missing the shows and stuff to go to.
Anyway, hope to strike up a good friendship with him.
  Got alot of good pics, both digital and 35mm (lordy,
been AGES since I broke out ol' Betsy, the Minolta
7000i camera, but I figured I ought to get some REAL
photos for achange. LOL ). A V-8 Hornet hatchback
showed up as well, a nice '52 Nash Airflyte wagon,
blue with woodgrain accents, some sweet convertibles,
a bunch of Rebels, one with some nice mods to it (
Spirit Turbocast-II wheels with modified centers for
volcano caps AND Rambler insert in fake knock-off, and
a special hood job where he took a 2nd rebel hood, and
made hood scoops from the inverted indentations and
welded and seamlessly molded it in. AWESOME job! Looks
factory. Calcutta maroon color, interesting color, but
nice looking.
  Some other oldies included a '60 Rambler 4-door,
pink, a '58 Ambassador.
6 wagons, including an Eagle, were there, some
mid-60's, all nice. WOnderful day, sunny but some
clouds and overcast on occasion to break the heat. I
bought alot of neat stuff at the vendors for good
prices, got 2 AMC am/fm/cb radios for cheap, some
Gremlin and Matador Coupe parts, misc. literature. I
was whupped by the end of the day, though, luckily my
other club members did most of the work. :)
  Didn't stay for the banquet, wife had a headache and
wanted to go , so we left about 4 pm. Wonderfully
pleased with all the nice people I met, plus the parts
and stuff. Wish more had turned up for the show, wish
I COULD have had a running AMC to take, too, but not
to be. Maybe this summer, I'll get one running and
roadable, finally.
 So, on that note, I'll post some pics in the Photo
section later. Need to do some work first. :) Au
revoir,

JErry Casper

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM