Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Battery issues

Does it have an external voltage regulator on it. I can't remember if it does replace that if not I would guess like Bart it is your alternator or better yet the internal regulator in the alternator. I have an old Ford Van that was doing the same thing. New battery it had an amp meter on it and it was showing it was charging. I couldn't figure it out and somebody told me to change the voltage regulator and that took care of it. If you don't have any lights, radio on then it has to be the voltage regulator has an open circuit. There could be an outside possibility that the new battery has a weak cell but I would doubt it. Both my Cougar and Celica have clocks in them and I don't start them for weeks at a time and the batteries stay up.Terry

GrublinX@xxxxxxx wrote:
My Gremmie is sucking my battery. Before I go nuts checking circuits, I thought I'd run this issue by the group. the only thing I know of that draws power continuously is the NOS clock I installed. I only run the car on weekends, typically to a crusie night and back. Is it possible the clock is killing my battery? Charging system works fine, battery is new.
Charlie

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. __._,_.___

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS