Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] getting crap for swapping to V8

First you need to fine out what does what. Yes, it is easy, especially drunk on Dixie beer and chawing on some nutria beef, uh, rat jerky. But you basically only need two vac lines going into the carb, one to distributor the other is a fatter line, PVC type one. Many times photos are better than words so I have included 8 photos here for you of my 74 Hornet Sportabout with 258-6. And note all the hoses not hooked up and this thing runs great and we bought it at 45K, and it has something like 112K now. The only thing it needs is the vacuum advance hoked back up as I have it disconnected.

photo 591 shows the pvc from valve cover into the carb, this is the big hose I mentioned.
photo 592 however shows it is not actually "in" the carb but below it into the intake. Chances are I have this hooked up wrong, but had to put it somewhere in 1990.
photo 593 I have my hand on the vac advance/distributor hose, which is incorrectly hooked up, at least for the moment, into the "T" fitting in back of the intake. Again, I have the vac advance on bottom of distributor off the car. The reason why is the distributor is facing wrong way, it will have to be restabbed so the vac advance won't hit engine.
photo 594 shows a factory NOS jalapeno plug in the front valve cover hole. This hole was originally the place the snorkle on the breather goes to. But now it is a great way to smoke jalepenos
photo 595 shows what looks to be a good taco on the exhaust manifold. I don't know how long it has been there but I am hungry, so it is supper
photo 596 shows back on intake, note little vacuum modulator with no hoses to it, this might be one of the things you mention with hoses. It is not to the round thing but directly in front of the big hose, barely seen.
photo 597 shows a worthless piece of shit thing on the side of the block which used to have 3-4 vac lines. This is on the driver side of the engine, you can see the back of the altenator in front of photo.
photo 598 shows your black bucket thing, which is a charcoal bucket for emissions. This outlived it's usefulness in the Reagan administration. Again, nothing attached to it.
Hope some of these photos help, especially that taco helped me. If you need a NOS AMC jalapeno I have a special on them.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx