[BaadAssGremlins] update on out 57 F100 Rambler dealers service truck

[BaadAssGremlins] update on out 57 F100 Rambler dealers service truck

It's STILL in the body shop getting painted!!I traded my 57
Metropolitan coupe to a hot-rod body shop for doing her 57
truck,completely repairing the body/repainting my 67 Ambassador
convertible..AND painting the engine bay on my 72 Gremlin. NOT too
shabby...huh? Metro needs some resto itself.DON'T WORRY...they are
going to be RESTORING the totally original Metro! We have a 1957 F100
Ford that was owned/operated by a Rambler dealership here in Illinois
during the late 50's-mid 60's.Wife's brother bought it at an auction
in 1968-69 or so. To this day it STILL has..."See Rambler for 1961"
painted across the tail gate.Getting cab mounts,floor pans,fenders
replaced...etc..... Sat for 20+ years in her ex's back yard,and
rotted into the ground....BAD! So...it's a part from this truck,a
part from that truck,a part from another truck...ALL rolled into one.
Heck...the front fenders and inners came to Illinois from Bend Oregon
via Grey Hound bus! I brought the front valance panel and radiator
support from Oklahoma on vacation several years ago.An original step-
side tail gate made it's way here from California several years ago.
Located  a nice hot-rodded 1957 F100 frame with a nova sub.Has a 460
with C6 tranny  in it. Installing new internals ,adding a cam, hi-
rise intake,headers...etc.Saving the original Rambler
adveretisement   tailgate to hang in our family room(part of the
Rambler logo is faded ). Replicating the Rambler logo on a different
one for the truck.Should make a really cool and different cruiser for
my wife! The 57 styling has not caught on real well yet. First year
for the square body.Now...i would have built a AMC V8 for it..but the
frame already had the 460 custom mounts,excellent C6 trans,and good
460 all there already. Can only do soooo much with not much  $$ ya
know. Gotta save the $$$ for her 74AMX and my 72Gremlin.....AND my 67
Ambassador. Whew...think i may be done posting for one night?????
Later all......Joe

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM