[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Progress Report

[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Progress Report

The Gremlin will be painted 'Stone White' which is used on Jeeps. It
is has a warmer tone than bright white. I will add a dark blue
hockey stick stripe on each side and plan on painting the section
around the gas cap dark blue. The kids at the tech. school have my
Gremlin completely taken apart - hood, fenders, doors, trim, and
bumpers are off the car. I matched & bought some blue interior paint
and painted about 10 interior plastic pieces yesterday. Since they
turned out well, I will buy more paint to finish the other 12 or so
selected interior pieces & dash. I have ordered carpet samples and
will be ordering moulded carpet for the passenger compartment. A
couple of extra yards will be purchased for the hatch & back of the
back seat.

Speaking of PT Cruisers, I bought a new grill to go on my '03 Turbo
from the Chrysler dealership. It has chrome bars across it and is
still a Mopar part for the car. The grill came primered, so I
painted it yesterday and installed it on my car today. That is how I
wanted the car to look when I bought it new. The lower grill piece
will go on after the warranty runs out as the original fascia must
be cut out with the supplied template and the new piece installed.
~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@... wrote:
> It sounds like you are making real progress. The original seats
sound like the interior in my orange Hornet before I change it to
all black. I like your choice of interior colors, what color is the
outside going to be? Did you ever get to complete the engine you
were  building? Last week I saw a black PT Cruiser with a period
50's flame job. I think you would have liked it. Next to AMC's 50's
flames are my thing. You can have any extra rain I don't need. I see
some storm is brewing south of Florida and may be the first
hurricane of the season.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM