[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Gas Tank

Hey Folks,

When I bought up 72 Gremlin from the original owner
here in Dallas three years ago, it was in sad not very
well maintained shape.  Though I drove it home, I did
not feel it to be in safe roadworthy condition so I
parked it pending the beginning of restoration.  That
was over 2 years ago but work has begun, slowly but
surely.

Knowing I should, and because a couple of friends
shamed me into doing so, I drop the gas tank to
inspect it and to empty the bad fuel.  It probably had
about 4 $1.00 gallons ;-) fermenting gas going bad in
it.

Now that it's out, I'm looking for suggestions on what
maintanence (if any) I should consider having done.
The previous owner (or more likely one of his then
teenage daughters) high sided the car on a curb or
something and in the process dented the tank.  I can't
tell but it looks like it was repaired in two spots
not associated with the dent.  They look like gray
putty material but definitely not putty and it wasn't
leaking at all while on the car.

Should I have someone look at the tank and if so, what
should I have them do, if anything?

Thanks.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin (gutted and still ready for paint)
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

http://mail.yahoo.com

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM