Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Odd color combos

I thought all Gremlins came with that sick tan interior. Just kidding but both of mine did. My 77 was tan so the tan interior made sense to me. I never did figure out why you put a tan interior in a red car. Black, red, white all would have look good but tan. I understand why Doc changed his to black. I never notice the stripes that much but you are right about the vinyl tops and body paints. It was just like the assembly lines were not in sinc. and nobody cared. I know 40 years ago I worked at GE, That had some lines that were like that. You could have a green refrigerator coming down the line and the line next to it would be a green door. If there was mix up and it was a White door you let it go buy and they had a repair area at the end of the line up put the right door on it. It looks like at Amc if you had a red car and a purple interior was there you put it in and got the thing out the door. Surely no body designed these things.

Terry

crbacsw@xxxxxxx wrote:
My 1975 Gremlin is pastel blue. The interior is solid black, except for white vinyl seats. This never made any sense to me. I figure they ran out of black that day.
Charlie