Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Speedo Cable

Lu,
 Your gonna have to take the cable off the spedo and see if you can work it loose again. If not time for a new cable.
 Davis
lumina333 <lumina333@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Thanks for the advice on how to test the cable's function. Any hints
on how to get the cable back out of the housing so that I can test
the function? Can I just push it out from the front to the back? The
housing is stiff and I don't think it will gather up on the cable
enough for me to thread it out.

ymmv?

~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mike" wrote:

> Lu,
> Sounds like your cable was in a bind...it may still be okay...I
say chuck it up in a drill and have some one watch the speedo if it
works you may be all right , the parts store I used to work at sold
replacement inserts you may be able to use if your housing is okay.
> ymmv
> mike

FINALLY
> came out with a loud 'pop' (not usually a good sound). The
spring
> loaded cable retreated up into the cable housing quite a ways.
Dumb
> question: will I be able to fish this cable back out and use it
or is
> it shot? I already have a transmission gear set up for the 727
that I
> want to use with this cable. Otherwise, I spring for a new cable
and
> call it done? ~Lu~

radiators

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM