Re: [BaadAssGremlins] scenes from the art car parade

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] scenes from the art car parade

They are interesting cars. Not my cup of tea but still they are cars. We have about 50 show up here every year for some kind of meet. The only thing I have never figured out the come the same weekend the street rods are in town. While they do get a little play from the press it isn't much. With 10,000 street rods here theses 50 cars don't seem like much. I think they would get a lot more attention if they would pick a different weekend.
Terry

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some of you know the Art Car Parade is in houstone ach year, actually the
largest one in the world. One of my favorite's is a Edsel Pacer shown here,
rescued from the crusher and turned into, well, you will have to see it for
yourself. Another of my favorites is the Ketchup packet car and the Driver's
Education car. At least that was not a AMC.
http://spawmaxwell.smugmug.com/gallery/1459262
the above has a slideshow.

And should you want to see all the oddities that is the Art Car Parade,
click here:
http://www.orangeshow.org/vote2006/index.htm

I didn't see the Musical Matador however; there have been two of these, one
75 Matador coupe, the other a 76 four door Matador, both with thousands of
records...78 rpm, 45rpm, 33rpm, and of course CD's glued lovingly to it
inside and out, even the hubcaps had CD's on it.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS