Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Sick Gremlin - "gastric" problem?

Glass fuel filters in the engine bay BAD IDEA! If glass breakes you have gas pumping guess where? Can you say crispy Texas BBQ?
 Davis

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One more thing that Davis mentions. You have all these fucking 'designer' fuels all over the US. What you find in Houston will not be same you find in Orlando, which will be different that crap in Phoenix and so forth. These 'blends' are added to fuel at refineries headed towards certain destinations. To clean the air, but also to make you vomit if stuck in traffic smelling that shit. Sometime I also do on several of my cars is run, not one, but TWO clear fuel filters. One in front of the fuel pump BEFORE the fuel pump and behind the frame rail. The other is on top of the engine right in front of the carb. This is the one to watch as if you see it bubbling when car is running, chances are it is either running too hot, but also going to have air bubbles getting in line/carb. I do not know enough about the laws of combustability, however, know that it ain't good to have the fuel bubbling before it gets to carb either.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx