Re: [BaadAssGremlins] There Are Still Nice People Around

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] There Are Still Nice People Around

Davis I know what you mean. I too try to treat people as I would like to
be treated. My friend has been in business for almost 2 years. He was
doing work on my car and was really looking for the fast money jobs to
help pay the bills. He said why don't you do the work you can and I will
take care of what you can't. He never asked for any money but being on
SS disability and having a few bucks I could afford to give him 100$ a
month for what I called storage  while I worked on the car. There were
times where I knew he was really strapped for money and didn't have
pocket change for lunch money so that 100$ helped him along. After 2
years he is finally becoming established and the business is doing ok
now. We have become good friends. He even donated money for 2 trophies
for the Ardsley show. The car would not have come out so nice without
his help. It will not be finished by the Ardsley show but if the grill
is done it will look complete. I am planning on replacing the damaged
drivers door with the un-damaged orange one I got from you and polish it
out. But for now I enjoy driving the car at least 5-6 days a week.
That's what they were made for to enjoy and drive.
"Doc"

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM

--- Begin Message ---
Doc, YOur car is going to be finished way before the Ardsley sho at this rate!.
 I don't think of it as being a nice guy I think of it as treating others as you would like to be.
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Last week I had the stainless trim I polished out that goes between the
tail lights installed along with 2 of my restored Hornet emblems and the
door popper I had installed in the hatch to save my fingers repaired.
This all took about an hour. Yesterday I took the car back to have the
other Hornet emblem and the Plastic stick on AMC emblem installed along
with my new hatch guide pin. That was another half hour. When I asked
what I owed I was told don't worry about it. Next week I will have my
grill ready to paint and he said I could paint it in the corner of his
shop. The car was there for 11 months last year while I did the interior
and he did some mechanical repairs. He only charged me for the repairs
he did. I gave him 100$ a month and called it storage while I did the
interior. He never asked for it but it was only fair. Now that's a nice
guy.
"Doc"

You can search right from your browser? It¿s easy and it¿s free. See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM