[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Ford 390

Terry...That would have made sense...SO it did not happen in the auto
world!! I worked at the  Mittsubishi auto assembly plant here in
Illinois for 11 years (untill 1,200 of us got laid off
in '04).....after i left the FORD dealership i worked at for  15
years. NOTHING made sense in the Mittsubishi  plant...trust me!!!!
IDIOTS in control of major decision making. Hmmmmm,that's probably
the cause of their current major $$$$$$$ problems!!!! lol again. Joe
In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry.Atkins@... wrote:

> Thanks for the information. Like I said been long time since I
messed with the
> old Fords. You would think if they were going to use that same
block for the
> different engines they would have left the 352 off of it.
> Terry
>

> > ALL FORD FE big blocks 352,360,390..even the 428's had "352" cast
on
> > the drivers side front of the block. All were derived from the
same
> > basic casting. Another way to confuse folks. Only way to tell is
> > internal or a ### above the starter on the block.--- In
> > BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry.Atkins@ wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree with you Bart. If it is stamped 352 I would think that
is
> > what it is.
> > > It has been a long time since I dealt with Fords but I don't
think
> > you could
> > > tell by looking if it was a 352 or a 390.
> > > Terry
> > >

> > > In a message dated 4/22/2006 6:31:51 P.M. Eastern Standard
Time,
> > > eddiestakes@ writes:
> > >
> > > One fellow said it was definately a AMC 390.
Hmm....says 'powered
> > by ford'
> > > on the valvecover. Check out the weird oil  filter. It also has
> > small stamp
> > > on front of block that says 352, not sure  what that is
however.
> > Hope these
> > > photos don't make anyone lose their  tacos....but it IS a AMC.
Ok,