Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Had a FUN day!

sounds like you had some fun today, congrats about the win man, im going to a show in bout an hour or 2 for the school to raise money for project grad, am not expecting to win anything but u never know, anyway im doin it just for fun, congrats again man

gpndave_22 wrote:
Hey all - I want to let you know that there is still *SOME* respect
for AMC here in the South (Alabama at least)! I happened to drive my
Gremlin by a mall parking lot and noticed a couple of radio station
vans & some old cars parked around so I turned in to see what was
going on. I got a free AC Delco car inspection and free entry into
their GM High Performance Club car show. Not even having my car
washed, I was hesitant to enter, but was encouraged by several club
members. The judges were 2 men and one woman from AC Delco doing a
promotion. The #2 NASCAR (real car) of driver Clint Bowyer was there
too. I proudly pulled my little Gremlin in beside the row of
Corvettes, got out the Simple Green and a rag, and cleaned a layer
of crud off the engine and door sills before the judges came around.
I thought I was in trouble when the woman judge said, "What is
that?", but the 2 guys told her all about AMC, recounting their
memories of the Javelin, AMX, and so on. Another nice surprise came
at award time. I won the judge's choice award and was given a very
nice laser cut 'Show Winner' plaque to take home in the Gremlin! I
also met this lady from Montgomery who said she is building a 1974
Gremlin up with a 360, etc. We exchanged phone numbers and I hope to
get some advice & parts from her for mine. It really turned out to
be a rewarding day, with so many folks stopping by with their
comments about the car.  Dave

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS