Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] engine ID please

Eddie, intake ports are too small for a 427/428 Ford looks like a 390 low compression 2 barrel engine.  It is a Ford 390 you can tell by the way the water pump bolts up. By the way, do the spark plugs angle toward the middle of the engine? front two tip to the rear and rear two tip toward the front.....something like this / / \ \ ? Ford used this engine family 'FE' from 1958 thru 1976 or '77 (last 6 years in trucks no cars) last car with this style motor was 1970 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet.  Gary 'The Mix'