To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Was Latest Work On Car / Now Gas Gauge &
Courtesy Lights.

Sounds like you've got it figured out DOC.  Paul

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Eddie having owned and worked on AMC/Ramblers since 1965  I have come
across almost every possible electrical problem you could imagine. The
worst diagnosing the constant electrical problems with my 65 American
440 Twin Stick. Since I installed a new gas tank I also installed a NOS
sender, cleaned the sender to ground mounting point. Since the complete
interior was out of the car and I do mean complete I checked all the
wiring and found no breaks or bare or crushed wiring. I also had the
complete dash out and found nothing loose either. The gauge works some
times but  not accurately. I believe it is the gauge itself. On the
courtesy lights I also checked al the wiring and found nothing wrong. My
inst. lights don't dim and the courtesy light does not go on when you
turn the headlight  switch, which leads me to believe the switch itself
is bad. I have a gas gauge out of a Gremlin I got from Davis a while
back and a headlight switch out of an 82 Spirit I parted out to install.
I just haven't gotten around to it. I been driving the car almost every
day since Christmas after it was sitting in my friends shop for almost
11 months getting the interior done. I hardly ever drive at night and
only drive locally so 10$ worth of gas a week keeps the tank full. I
have been concentrating on interior and exterior cosmetics for the last
3 1/2 months. I will probably get to the gauge and lights in 3-4 months
after I get all the 77 AMX parts on the car.
"Doc"