[BaadAssGremlins] Re: stock vs nonstock (was cheese javelin)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: stock vs nonstock (was cheese javelin)

Title: Message
Yup I remember that, I liked it, but i used to drink also before being diagonsed with diabetes. I though best thing about this car is you can crawl under it and work on stuff without having to buy a jack. And you don't ruin that cow catcher front spoiler every time you smack a possum or coon in the road either. As for Pamela Lee, I think she camel toed her way to success, Jenny McCarthy hasn't. Maybe she needs to take a page from the Paris Hilton skool of famousness if that is a word. Back to the green car, it would not hurt to ask, but again as I mentioned, check out the nice comments he is getting on it.

It is the old 'stock' vs 'non stock' thing again. I told someone today I don't have no intention of doing concours level cars anymore, went thru that phase in the 80s/early 90s and am over it. Now it is like George Barris meets Darrly Starbird in Jesse James Monster Garage with Jagermeister on tap and all of them have Sawzalls. so more into custom now. If anything, the only thing that is keeping me from cutting the top off my SC/360 Hornet is how much I paid for the damned paint job.

Someone asked me how is it that I drive my cars in Houston. I told them that AMC was way ahead of their time, they used to put a little option in the dash, later on the steering column. And if you bought their car they gave you a small piece of metal to open that gadget. Some call it a ignition switch. So I start my car and drive it.

I look at it as we are all temporary caretakers of these old pieces of iron, they WILL belong to someone else later whether we like it or not. So have fun with them while we have them, whether someone wants to restore, over restore, race, wreck, rerestore, drive daily, custom, kemp, chop, channel, lower, just have fun with it.

If you can see Noah & Jacob in photo 380 here, it makes my point. Photos 1727 and 1731 show the 80 spirit I mentioned the other day in a police salvage yard here near me. Solid rustfree thing, check out interior. The fellow told me that 'it is worth more to them to crush them now' simply because 'the high cost of steel' Gone are the days of me bidding on cars in police auctions for $70, or $150 or even $300. They can probably get $400+ for this Spirit, even though I offered them $300. Point is I guess is that while we may not like some of the choices people make with their cars, I am happy to see them make that choice and do what they want with it. It is a reason why you see many meets suffering.....as everyone wants to be a judge. That is fine, but give some of the folks a break if their tastes in cars is not what mine, yours, Bart's, Doc, Onree, whoever might be. I like stock, but don't DO stock anymore. Not because I can't I simply grew OUT of it!

And Custom is NOT everyone's cup of pee either! Neither is Pam Anderson I guess but she still is #1 in world on searches according to some show I was watching the other day. Why? Hell I don't, well, I sort of, ok, I know.

Back to the cars, those two small boys in the photo I took sunday of some, not all, but some, of my fleet I am only hoping there will be some American Motors vehicles around when they get older to enjoy. Nothing more. I could care less it if is Chevy powered or not, and God only knows if some of the parts we take for granted over counter will still be there or the companys...like AMC long gone to China!

Am I still talking? Ok,  photo 1724 is for John, one more look at the SSR/AMX I hand painted today....make that old eye twitch and Rolling Rock stale....

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx