Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Didnt get the last one.....

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Didnt get the last one.....

Never walk out the door without checking the part to make sure it is the
right one. Some times the box has the right part no# on it but it has
been boxed wrong. I speak from experience.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Last week I got a call from the wannabe AMC dealer in Moscow Idaho,
and they said that the other tail light was in for my Hornet. So I go
running up there and the parts guy had opened the box already
to "inspect" the part to make sure it was for the right year.(I
havent been really happy with the parts that I have been getting. The
gasket for the first one was in about 4 different pieces and the last
one I got didnt even have one or the screws that are sapposed to be
with it.)It was, had the center stripe like it was sapposed to. It
also came in an original AMC box. Anyhows, I go to a wrecking yard
and look and wander around and dont get home till later in the
evening. They had sent me the same side.... the passenger side or the
right side if ya will. Called the parts guy the next morning and he
said that he would call another dealer and get the right part on the
way. SO, now I have 2 N.O.S. tail lights for the right side of an
1970 AMC Hornet....ANYONE WANT TO TRADE SOME PARTS...I dont need it,
got one of those already. I do have some turn signal housings and
lens for the same car, not going to be needing them either. They are
the round style with the chrome ring and chrome nipple in the middle.
They are in good shape and just need a good cleaning. What I am in
need of is the side marker lights that go in the head light buckets
for the new style grille that I will be putting on my Gremlin. I can
get pics if anyone is interested. Bill Renshaw Lewiston ID.

--- End Message ---