RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Tumbling Plastic Parts

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Tumbling Plastic Parts

That would be my concern. I would have to know the guy pretty well or have a
written grantee that they would replace my grill. I could see handing over and
going back in a week and the guy handing you a bag of broken parts or a big
melted ball and saying I am sorry it didn't work.
Terry

> I still would be nervous as the parts have to be stripped of any plating
> or paint. Building and restoring old plastic models and real car
> interior parts I have found a chemical stripper made for plastic some
> times makes the old brittle plastic disintergrate. I use Castrol Super
> Clean to strip paint and old vacuum chrome plate off models and real car
> parts with no problem. Also as I stated I would be nervous about
> shipping damage or loss.
> "Doc"
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--- Begin Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

That makes more sence...so I take it the parts are attached to a jig of some sort. Similar to having to "wire" up a piece that goes into a plating tank. Thanks Doc, cleared stuff up!! Bill ID.