RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Here A Matador There A Matador, Matador'sEverywher

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Here A Matador There A Matador, Matador'sEverywhere

I just like the general look of the Matador coupe. Initially when I
bought my yellow Hornet in 74 I went to buy the red Matador "X" coupe in
the dealers show room that I had seen the week before. Since I was a
mechanic and the coupe had a white interior I had to pass. I looked at
every coupe they had (I needed to buy a car right then and there) none
of them was the right color or somthing I didn't like. I spotted my
yellow Hornet in the back of the garage as it was a stock car that had
just came off the transport and bought it. In 73 I was thinking about
buying a Hornet Hatchback but was short on funds. A year later in 75
another dealer had MY Matador "X" exactly as I would have ordered it and
was tempted to trade my Hornet in for it. That dealer was a crook and
was trying to hose me on the trade in of my year old Hornet so I passed.
I built a model of the Matador that I still have. I am glad I kept the
Hornet as it has similar lines as the Matador coupe. If I could find a
decent Matador I would junk my 77 Chebby and buy it. The body is rusting
off my Chebby. Yes it is a disease, like the potato chip commercial said
bet you can't eat just one!!!!

--- Begin Message ---

Sorry to hear that Doc. What do you like about the car, besides being an AMC of course. I think that the roll down rear windows is kinda cool for being a coupe. At one time in my life I had a 75 or a 76 Matador that I still wished I had now. It was a Barcelona model and I had to live in it at one time. I know that there is enough room for a big guy like myself to lay across the front seat and sleep well. I believe that it had a 360 in it with an auto on the colum, hell might of been a 304 also, been so long ago cant remember. My old Barcelona didnt have the optional roll down rear windows like the one I got now does. I now have 3 AMC's....My 73 Gremlin, 70 Hornet 2 door and now this 74 Mattador coupe. I got a good start at somthing....I am not sure what it is....is it an addiction??!! I hope that its a good one.... if it is an addiction!!   LOL! Bill Id.