Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 20 bucks for shipping!?

Thanks Eddie!! You dont need to tell me about a "fuel surcharge", know all about them sort of things. I will call them and check to make sure though. Probably is a restocking fee, didnt thing of that one....There always seems to be somthing that I seem to forget!! LOL!!  Going to "drag" that Matador to the girlfriends Friday or Saturday. Paid the man half now and half later. Got some good pictures also. Its a mess, but the interior is "cherry'. Got my work cut out for me, and by the looks of things.... its going to be alot!! Thanks again! Bill ID.

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 20 bucks for shipping!?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:49:16 -0600

I have dealt with Kennedy since the early 80s, really good guy to deal with.
I'm not sure on the shiping hwoever as something like that should be $10
max, even if you want all the add ons. Maybe it is a stocking fee? Some
places charge a stock, or restocking fee? I shipped a metal hood from
Houston to LA a few weeks ago and shipping was about $480. The place I
shipped it to however had a contact with the shipper company so it was
reduced to about $180-$200, but I noticed many places are tacking on 'fuel
surcharges' also with gas so high, this is everyone from pizza places ($2
delivery fee in Houston) to flower shops ($1-$3 and only deliver twice a
day, not whenever when gas cheap) to airlines (some as high as $10) for
instance.

Me, no fuel surcharge for firing up Bessie's 360 AMC 1972 V8 and driving
that 72 Ambassador station wagon to USPS or FedEx, as I plan other things to
do around it, uh, like a stop at Chevron or Citgo!

You might try calling Jeff, he is really backed up since his website went
up, something like 2-3 week delay in shipping items, so business is good,
but still a FEMA line, and find out why the difference in shipping rates.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx