Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stock v8 tranny behind a 401? AGAIN.....Anyone doi

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Stock v8 tranny behind a 401? AGAIN.....Anyone doing it?

The th-400 is your best bet as parts are cheap. The tranny the mopar guys are sayin is the 998. The 400 is still better choice cause parts are cheaper and it is just as strong. I use the torque command 727 cause I have a bunch of them but if I had to start all over I would go with the th-400.  Plus you already have it!
 Davis
 Amc Team

deezildennis <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What would it take to make it work?
I have a amc th400 but my mopar buddies keep telling me to use the
9whatever it is. 904-998?

What would be a good build for it? I dont even know what size kit to
buy for it since I dont know if its a 904 or 998.

I'd like to keep the weight down. and build the crap ought of the th400
for later use....

The car is a stock v8 car.