Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Concord Rearend

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Concord Rearend

Ed,
 It will be worth it as you can sell stuff like the stainless trim, the windshields fit many gremlin, spirit, concord, eagle. the disk brakes,
 The rear will hold up ok behind a stock 304 even a 360 if you can use it in a stock manner. The 4spd is a very light duty tranny and I would not use behind a v-8.
 Davis

Ed Veneck <edveneck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just found two Concords that have been sitting sence
sitting 1989. The guy and his wife bought them new.
One is a 1980 4 door 258 6 cyl. 4 speed, and the other
is a 1978 SW 258 6 cyl. auto. The bodies and
interiors are totally shot, but then do have disc
brakes and the SW has a Limited slip rearend under it.
Does anyone know if this rearend would stand up to a
V8? Also, what model of 4 speed did AMC use with
thier 6 cyl. in 1980?
I offered the guy a $100.00 for both of them, and he
said he would talk it over with his wife.
We'll see what happens.
Ed