[BaadAssGremlins] re: levis gremlin

Aw ok, I'll post my personal reply, might help someone else also, thanks
Paul for the reply to the fellow, and anyone else who cares to comment, Doc
perhaps as he is doing interiors? But below is my reply sent directly to the
fellow, maybe someone here can use it. Sorry nothing high performance in it
Bart unless the fellow wants to kick that Mach 1's ass then tell us how he
did it! Maybe a new member join who knows.

On the 67 Ambassador, you had a variety of rims and covers that were options
for that model, inclduing spinners, turbocasts, and Ambassador hubcaps, so
several types,a nd you could always put on rally rims too even though not
available until 69. You might want to go to www.arcticboy.com and look under
'ambassador' so you can determine what would be right for you. I believe I
have a nice set of used Ambassador hubcaps, with crest for Ambassador, I
think they are 67, possibly 68, but cheap, $30 + shipping, which would be
about $15 to box and ship them, if you need photos, let me know as they are
off on the side here of my house, not in warehouse.

On the Gremlin, the material used was not real denim. So you can get that
from a variety of places like hobby stores, hell, I think even Wal Mart
sells rolls of that shit. But if you go to hobby stores like Michaels or
Hobby Lobby, go look inthe area where thye have buttons,a nd yes, you can
get the original Levi's buttons for your upholstery man. I just posted
something the other day about this, as Oleg Cassini died, and Levi's was
some of the people AMC brought in to spruce up their image then. I'll
forward you this and click on the links, neat stuff.

You might also want to join online places like www.amxfiles.com I would
suggest getting it in digest form, so only a few emails a day with all
posts; also the badassgremlin yahoo group, great bunch of people there and
I'll forward your email here to them. You can find both groups on my 'amc
online' file of my site also.

Lastly, I have some NOS color catalogs for Gremlin, and some photos also, go
look in my 'amc press photos' and also 'amc literature' to see if any of
this stuff will help you, especially the literature, as it has factory phots
of Levis stuff in there.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825